Are You Ready for Open-World RTS Warfare?
The Imperial Realm::Miranda is a massively multiplayer real-time strategy game in the tradition of Command and Conquer™.
Fight either by yourself, or with your friends, in an all-out war to dominate Miranda, the devastated former capital of The Imperial Realm.
- One World - Play with a friend (or a thousand) all in the same world at the same time with Miranda's groundbreaking single-shard seamless open-world design.
- Build a Base - Create the base of your dreams using standard buildings, or custom design your own.
- Create an Army - Pick a strategy, build your forces and design your perfect killing machines.
- Battle the Fallen - After forty generations, the mysterious Fallen have returned to Miranda.
- Challenge other Players - Skirmish outside the Blue Zone, or enter Nemesis Mode team PvP battles.
- Explore - Miranda's massive 20x20KM (300x300KM planned) world is full of wonders to discover.
- Expand your Abilities - Unlock additional abilities, technologies and bonuses as your commander gains experience.
- Harvest Resources - Send out your harvesters to collect valuable resources from the world.
- Win Loot - Collect exotic units, rare weapons and more.
- Buy and Sell - Visit Vendors throughout the world to buy new toys and sell what you don't need.
- Take over the World - Capture territories for your faction.
Do you think this sounds cool? Play today by purchasing an Early Access Package.
Keep up to date on Miranda's development by signing up for the Mailing List.
"Miranda was a Jewel. For twenty thousand seasons she was the seat of supreme power in The Imperial Realm. Until the Emperor burned her. Fool. But from the ash, the Emperor's Ridiil discovered something unexpected. Something immensely valuable. But the secret was not to be kept for long. Not even long enough for the Emperor to act. The race to retake Miranda and control its incalculable fortune was already underway."
- Excerpt from Chronicles of The Imperial Realm 29,600-31,200 Y.O.E.
Unnamed Update Coming Fall 2019
We're still working on a name for the fourth major update to The Imperial Realm::Miranda, but the new features include: new units like the The Spy Satellite, improved gameplay, an updated HUD, a new Loot system and more.
Bold New World
Bold New World is the third update to The Imperial Realm::Miranda and a major upgrade to the art and rendering engine. It has been over a year in the making.
Bold New World's features include:
- New Environments - Four completely new biomes: Vermillion Hardship, Extinction Salt Flats, Perilous Precipices and The Badlands.
- Spectacular Sky - It's gorgeous, what more can we say.
- Dynamic Weather - Cloud cover, heat waves, wind, dust and ion storms come and go throughout the day.
- Improved Terrain - Terrain textures are higher resolution with reduced tiling.
- Rock Formations - Dramatic procedurally generated rock formations dot the landscape, creating paths and bottlenecks for your fighting forces.
- Detail Props - Thousands of steam vents, spires, rocks, sticks, crystals, plants and other tiny details add life to the surface of Miranda.
- Atmospherics - Dust, ash, embers and plant material float in the air, especially after battles.
- Smoother Camera - Miranda's camera has gotten a movement upgrade.
- New POI - Visit Deathwish Rock - hard hat recommended.
- Map Legend - Locations now have names with coordinates.
- New Launcher - Perfect upgrades, email preferences, password reset and wow, GDPR support.
- Renderer Upgrades
- Ambient Occlusion - Scalable Ambient Obscurance makes more beautiful lighting.
- Ubershader - Miranda's ubershader provides consistent lighting and features for all of Miranda's inhabitants.
- Shroud - The shroud now has a soft edge.
- Particles - More particles, more effects, more beautiful.
- Shadows - Increased resolution and draw distance.
- Terrain - Increased draw distance.
- Texture Filtering - Bilinear, Trilinear and 16X Anisotropic texture filtering options.
- DXT Compression - Textures use about 25% of the memory and offer better performance.
- Color Correction & Vignette - The last 5%.
Bold New World is out now!
"These reports of assassination attempts on Marvel are clearly fabricated. It's ridiculous. If someone really wanted that little girl dead, she'd be dead. She doesn't even have any bodyguards! If all these so-called attempts have been foiled, where are the assassins? We live in the safest time in the whole history of The Imperial Realm."
- Excerpt from Royal Press Briefing, 3 Strongdays, 30695 Y.O.E.
Return of The Fallen
Emperor Cauto I was hailed as a saviour when he single-handedly ended years of pitched warfare with The Fallen. Now, forty generations later, the price of his treachery is finally coming due.
Return of The Fallen is the second major update to The Imperial Realm::Miranda. Features include:
- The Fallen - The Fallen AI faction provides PvE challenges throughout Miranda's huge map.
- The Blue Zone - Players can engage in PvE battles, safe from attacks by other players in the Emperor's Blue Zone.
- Monoliths - With the return of The Fallen, Miranda's mysterious Monoliths have suddenly come to life, providing fast travel across Miranda for players who can discover their secret.
- Discoverables - Discover vendors, monoliths and points of interest throughout Miranda's huge world.
"When the explorer ships of Emperor Paine CXC came upon Miranda, it was not devoid of intelligent life. The indiginous species were unlike any creatures the Emperor's Ridiit had previously encountered. All attempts at communication were a disastrous failure. The Ridiit were unable even to determine what the natives called themselves.
Reporting to the Emperor after an entire season of effort, the Ridiit described what would come to be known as the language of The Fallen, as the 'most subtle and complex form of communication ever encountered.' The Emperor took this as a personal affront to his divine nature and ordered the immediate extermination of The Fallen. Every one.
The Fallen would not go so easily however, and a bitter conflict raged for nearly seven seasons as the Emperor's elite troops repeatedly failed to execute their Emperor's command. Then the Emperor was assassinated. And on the same day, The Fallen simply vanished from the face of Miranda. For a few days there were rumours that his successor, Emperor Cauto I had engineered Paine's demise and made some sort of deal with The Fallen. Then the rumourmongers mysteriously disappeared as well."
- Excerpt from The Mystery of The Fallen, 10681 Y.O.E.
Challenge your personal Nemesis in one-on-one or team open-world PvP battles for bragging rights and sweet, sweet loot.
Nemesis is the first major update to The Imperial Realm::Miranda. Features include:
- The Nemesis System
- Easy Matchmaking - With a single click, the Nemesis System pits teams of players against one another in PvP battles.
- Multiple Modes - Annihilation, the first Nemesis mode, tasks players with destroying the other team's buildings and rewards them with loot and accolades. Future Nemesis modes include Assassination, Slaughter, Claustrophobia and Greed.
- Gain Loot & Experience - Victors gain loot and bonus XP, the defeated gain huge bonuses for when they become victorious.
- Mission List - Manage and track your current mission objectives.
- Foundation Extensions - Miranda's rough terrain sometimes makes finding a spot for buildings difficult. Foundation Extensions make it possible to place buildings nearly anywhere.
- Faster, Prettier Map - The Map plays an important part in planning battles. Nemesis added icons for important map features.
- HUD Improvements - The HUD was upgraded and many features were made hide-able, allowing for a clearer view of the battlefield.
- Additional Units - Miranda already has a number of buildings and tanks to play with, but there are many more planned including Spies, Engineers, Attack Drones, planes and more.
- Full-size Map, Additional Biomes & Points of Interest - Miranda's world is meant to be large and full of interesting things to discover. The current map is 20x20KM, but the target is 300x300KM.
- Walls - No base is complete unless it is surrounded by tall sturdy walls.
- Crates - Do you remember crates blowing up your tanks? Or making them invulnerable? Crates will have a number of interesting effects, but players will have to find and open them to discover which one.
- Chat and Friend Management - Miranda has global chat, but it needs a more powerful system to help players and their friends group and chat.
- Wildly Ambitious: Making The Imperial Realm::Miranda - A behind the scenes documentary on the making of The Imperial Realm::Miranda.
- Commentary Track - The commentary track provides behind the scenes information about the development of the game during gameplay.
Additional features will depend on feedback from players.
Early Access Game
This game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should sign up for the Mailing List so we can let you know what the game becomes.
"The penultimate cause of The Burning has been determined to have been a unit conversion error maliciously perpetrated by the third assistant mathematician to the Associate Supervisory Contractor, subordinate to the Minor Projects Supervisor to the Royal Court. Since the discovery of the error this morning, she has been tried, found guilty of all charges, and executed for her unspeakable crimes."
- Findings of The Inquisition into The Burning of Miranda 30694 Y.O.E.
Whew! You made it to the end. Did you know we have a Mailing List? We don't send emails very often, so
it's probably safe. Or you could learn all about the game's development by reading 300 or so blog posts. Or maybe you just
want to start playing today by purchasing one of the Early Access Editions? Thanks for visiting, and tell your friends!